Last updated January 2023.
If you have questions about our privacy practices or want to communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is "Personal Data"?
- Identifiers (e.g., name, email, telephone number, address, username);
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., government identification number; precise geolocation; racial or ethnic origin; religious beliefs; health information; contents of messages when we are not the recipient; in some cases, information about a known child);
- Legally protected information (e.g., race, citizenship, marital status, sex);
- Employment-related information (e.g., current or past employment);
- Non-public educational information, including information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99);
- Biometrics (e.g., DNA, face/voice prints, health data) and audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or olfactory information;
- Inferences drawn from Personal Data to create a profile about preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, and aptitudes;
- Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies); and
- Internet or other similar activity (e.g., browsing history; content interactions).
Information that is not protected as Personal Data includes publicly available information; aggregated information (meaning data summaries or reports with Personal Data removed); and anonymized information that cannot be linked back to an individual.
- Children’s Privacy
Community Built Services are intended for use by adults, not children. No individual under the age of 18 should attempt to use the Services or provide any personal information to Community Built. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact email@example.com.
- Personal Data Collection and Use
Over the last 12 months, we have collected Personal Data in the categories of identifiers, commercial information, employment information, internet and similar information, and sensitive information if you include it in your Feedback, Reviews, or other User Content. Community Built’s sources of Personal Data collection include:
- Your User Registration and use of the Services. When you register as a User, we collect your name, work contact information, and personal email address as well as information about your employer and job title. If you post Reviews or submit Feedback, we collect commercial information about products and services you have purchased or considered. If you leave a Review, submit Feedback, or otherwise post User Content, your User Content will be publicly available on and off of the Services. Reviews may be submitted anonymously if you prefer. Community Built may use information you post as Reviews, Feedback, or messages on Community Forums to generate Intent Data for disclosure or sale to our Partners and other third parties. Intent Data does not include Personal Data and is never individually linkable back to you.
- Social Media Networks. When you use a social network login to access the Services, you will share certain Personal data with us from your social media account. For example, if you connect to the Services via your LinkedIn account, we will receive and store your LinkedIn Profile information (your company name, industry, company size, job title, summary, end date, profile picture, and skills from your LinkedIn profile) and LinkedIn connections (we will use this information to show you reviews written by your connections, however, we will not access your connections’ contact information nor send messages to your connections).
- Affiliates and Partners. We also may periodically obtain Personal Data or other data about you from our affiliates, Partners, and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit the Site by “clicking-through” from a website operated by one of our Partners, and you are registered with that Partner, then we may receive information about you that previously provided to that Partner.
We use your Personal Data to provide you with our Services, for our internal business purposes, as well as to: (i) fulfill any purpose to which you consent; (ii) monitor your compliance with our agreements and policies; (iii) help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our technology assets; (iv) conduct internal testing, research, analysis, and product development; (v) respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; (vi) identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Community Built, or to others as we determine necessary; or (vii) evaluate or conduct a business transition involving some or all of our company assets where Personal Data held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use already collected Personal Data for purposes that are materially different, unrelated, or not reasonably necessary or compatible with the original purpose without notice and consent to you as required by law.
- Disclosing Personal Data How We Disclose Your Personal Data
Community Built will only disclose Personal Data to the third parties as described in this section, with your permission, or as required by law. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed Personal Data for a business purpose to the following third parties:
- Our Partners and Affiliates. If you ask to be contacted about a product or service demo, we will share your name and email address with the Partner or other provider of that product or service so they can fulfill you request. When you leave a Review, unattributed or not, Community Built may share that Review and any Personal Data you have included in the Review with our Partners. Your Review (along with your name and professional information, if you provide it) may be displayed publicly on social media platforms or third-party software marketplaces where the product or service is sold. Our authorized Partners and affiliates may also share your review on their online platforms, mobile apps, or marketing materials.
- Social Media Networks. If you sign into your User account via a social media network like LinkedIn or Facebook, we may share data, including Personal Data, about your activity or any User Content you post on the Services with that social media network. For example, if you leave a Review and elect to post it on social media, we will share the Personal Data you have provided in connection with that Review to the relevant social media network to facilitate the sharing of your Review.
- Service Providers. Companies that provide data hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and user support, analytics, marketing, and other services may have access to Personal Data as needed to perform their contractual obligations to us. We prohibit our service providers from selling or disclosing the Personal Data we provide, and we require all service providers to maintain confidentiality standards and appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your Personal Data.
- Law enforcement, and other governmental agencies, as permitted or required by law.
- Other third parties, as permitted by applicable law, for example: if we go through a business transition (e.g., merger, acquisition, or sale of a portion of our assets); to comply with a legal requirement or a court order; when we believe it is appropriate in order to take action regarding illegal activities or prevent fraud or harm to any person; to exercise or defend our legal claims; or for any other reason with your consent.
- Aggregated and Deidentified Information. We reserve the right to share aggregated, anonymized, or deidentified information about any individuals with nonaffiliated entities for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes, without restriction.
- Retaining Personal Data
Community Built only retains Personal Data where we have an ongoing legitimate business need. For example, Personal Data associated with your User profile is retained until you ask us to delete it. Personal Data on our listerv is retained until the recipient unsubscribes from our emails. Please note that software product and service Partners listed on the Services cannot remove their profile page, ratings, or reviews by closing their accounts. RevOps Co-Op reserves the right to retain data for longer periods as required by law or court order or if doing so is critical to our business. We may also retain copies of your personal information in our backup archives. RevOps Co-Op securely deletes data at the conclusion of the applicable retention period.
- Controlling Your Personal Data
You can use these methods to directly control how we collect and use your Personal Data:
- User Account. You can access, correct or update, or delete certain Personal Data through your User account settings. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emails. We may send you informational or support emails related to your User account, or information about products or services available for demo. You can unsubscribe from our listerve via the links provided in the emails or by sending a request to email@example.com.
- Device Settings. You can control the data we collect through cookies and related technologies by adjusting your device settings or changing cookie preferences through our Services.
- Texting. If you provide us with your wireless phone number, you consent to Community Built sending you informational or service text messages. However, we will only send you marketing text messages if you opt-in to receive these notifications from us. For all text messages, the number of texts you receive will depend on the Services you use and the information you request from us. You can unsubscribe from our text messages by replying STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any of these text messages. Messaging and data charges may apply to any text message you receive or send. Please contact your wireless carrier if you have questions about messaging or data charges.
- Block Location Tracking. You can stop all collection of information by an app by uninstalling it. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track signals are signals sent through a browser informing us that you do not want to be tracked. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
- Privacy Requests. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to additional controls over your Personal Data. If you wish to exercise your rights under your applicable privacy laws beyond the methods described above, or if you want to express concerns, revoke your consent, lodge a complaint, or request information, please contact Community Built at:
Funl Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Team
720 Seneca Street, Suite 107 PMB 66
Seattle, WA 98105
Please provide your identification and contact details, including your email address used to register with this Site, and a complete explanation of your concern.
Community Built can only assist with or fulfill a privacy request when we have sufficient information to verify that the requester is the person or an authorized representative of the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a verifiable request unless we have legal grounds to do so. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. We endeavor to respond to privacy requests in accordance with the requirements of the law applicable to your jurisdiction. If we do not fulfill your request within the legally required timeline, you can appeal our response by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
- United States Consumer Privacy Rights
In the United States, consumer privacy is governed by federal privacy laws covering specific industries or data uses and state privacy laws providing with general consumer privacy rights. This section provides informational notices for privacy laws applicable to residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah, Virginia, and other states that require companies to inform consumers about their privacy rights and provide a method to exercise those rights. Residents of states offering privacy protections (each a “Consumer”) can exercise their privacy rights as applicable to our Services by submitting a Privacy Request.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Data about you on our systems. If you become aware that the Personal Data that we hold about you is incorrect, or if your information changes, please inform us and we will update our records.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data that we collected and retained, with certain exceptions. Community Built may permanently delete, deidentify, or aggregate the Personal Data in response to a request for deletion.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request confirmation that we have collected Personal Data about you and that we provide you with access to that Personal Data. If you submit an access request, we will provide you with copies of the requested pieces of Personal Data in a portable and readily usable format. Please note that Community Built may be prohibited by law from disclosing certain pieces of Personal Data, and we may be limited in the number or frequency of requests we must fulfill.
- Right to Disclosure. You may request that we disclose information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Data, such as: (i) the categories of Personal Data we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the Personal Data we have collected about you; (iii) our business purpose for collecting, using, processing, sharing or selling that Personal Data, as applicable; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Data; and (v) if we sold or shared your Personal Data under the CCPA, two separate lists stating: (A) sales or sharing, identifying the Personal Data categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (B) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Data categories that each category of recipient obtained. Certain laws may limit the number or frequency of requests we must fulfill.
- Opt-Out of Selling and Sharing. Community Built may receive monetary or other valuable consideration in exchange for giving your name and email address to a Partner. Any other information you include in your request will also be given to the Partner. We only disclose your Personal Data to Partners when you have asked us to do so. To opt-out, do not request to be contacted by a Partner.
Community Built does not sell or share your Personal Data with any third parties who are not also Partners. RevOps Co-Op does not share Personal Data with third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights. For example, unless permitted by law we will not: (i) deny you goods or services; (ii) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; (iii) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; (iv) retaliate against you as an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor for exercising your privacy rights; or (v) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services, because you exercised a right under applicable privacy laws.
- Right to Disclosure of Marketing Information. California’s Shine the Light Act (Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84) entitles California residents to request certain disclosures regarding Personal Data sharing with affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes.
If you are a Consumer, you may exercise these rights by submitting a Privacy Request. Only you or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable Privacy Request related to your Personal Data. You may also make a verifiable privacy request on behalf of your minor child. You may designate a third party to exercise your rights – an authorized agent – however we will require written proof of the authorization and potentially proof of your identity.
- Privacy Rights for the European Economic Area and United Kingdom
This section provides the disclosures and notices required under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its counterpart regulation applicable to residents of the United Kingdom. This section applies solely to residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“Data Subjects”). Community Built collects and processes Personal Data of Data Subjects as a controller. Data Subjects have the following rights over their Personal Data, subject to applicable limitations:
- Right to access your Personal Data. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Data and details about the types of Personal Data we process, why we process it, and any third parties we work with to collect Personal Data on our behalf. We may have one or more legally valid reasons to refuse your request in whole or in part, for example, to protect the rights of other individuals.
- Right to restrict processing of your Personal Data. You can request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data if: (i) the data is inaccurate; (ii) the processing is unlawful; (iii) we no longer need the Personal Data; or (iv) you exercise your right to object.
- Right to rectify your Personal Data. If you become aware that the Personal Data that we hold about you is incorrect, or if your information changes, please inform us and we will update our records.
- Right to data portability. In some circumstances, we are required to provide your Personal Data to another organization at your request and in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to erasure (a.k.a. the “right to be forgotten”). Upon your request, we must delete your Personal Data in certain circumstances and where required by law. This right is not absolute, and we may be entitled to retain and process your Personal Data despite your request. If you make this request, we balance certain legal, contractual, and business interests against your right to request the deletion of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to certain processing of your Personal Data. Upon your request, we will limit our processing of your Personal Data as you request in certain circumstances and where we are required to do so by law.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making. Community Built does not use automated decision-making to provide the Services. If this changes in the future, we will update this posting to describe our use of automated decision-making and your options to exercise your privacy rights related to your Personal Data processed using automated decision-making.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Data Subjects can submit requests, questions, or complaints to Community Built using the methods described under Privacy Requests. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not been resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. We suggest the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
- Canadian Privacy Rights
This section provides the disclosures and notices required under Canada’s Personal Data Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and solely to residents of Canada where PIPEDA applies (“Canadian Consumers”). PIPEDA gives Canadian Consumers specific rights regarding Personal Data offering details on an identifiable person without the inclusion of name, title, telephone number, and business address of an employee of a business or organization. The rights afforded under PIPEDA are described below.
- Right to accuracy of your Personal Data. We take steps to reasonably ensure that your Personal Data we are using is accurate. If you become aware that the Personal Data that we hold about you is incorrect, or if your information changes, please inform us and we will update our records.
- Right to access your Personal Data. Upon written request and identity authentication, we will provide you with your Personal Data under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. We will make the information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request. We may not be able to provide access to some or all of the Personal Data you request if limited by law or potential infringement of another’s privacy rights. If we must refuse an access request, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal, and outline further steps that are available to you.
- Consent to Cross-Border Data Transfers
Community Built is a United States company using technical infrastructure in the United States and other countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your Personal Data may be transferred to, processed, stored, and used in the United States or other jurisdictions. When your information is moved from your home country to another country, the laws and rules that protect your Personal Data in the country to which your information is transferred may be different from those of the country where you live. For example, if your information is in the United States, it may be accessed by government authorities under United States law.
Community Built is committed to transferring Personal Data using a lawful data transfer mechanism. Specifically, when we transmit data from the EU to the United States or other jurisdictions, we do so pursuant to standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission and employ those security measures required by the country in question to secure the data. We work with third-party vendors from time-to-time and require those parties to meet these same standards. However, we do not warrant that RevOps Co-Op is appropriate or authorized for use in any other jurisdictions. Each User is solely responsible for determining whether their use of the Services complies with applicable laws. By allowing us to collect Personal Data about you, you consent to the transfer and processing of your Personal Data as described in this section.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow websites and platforms to analyze user trends, remember a User from one session to the next, and enable certain features to function. The Services are built and operate using external third-party tools that deploy cookies as needed to function. The third-party service providers listed below may set cookies on the Services. You can read about the cookies they use by following the links provided.
You can adjust how cookies interact with your device by adjusting your device settings to block cookies or notify you when a cookie has been deployed. You can also follow the instructions in the cookie notices linked above. Note that blocking cookies may prevent you from using some or all of the features on the Services.
Community Built has implemented and maintains reasonable security measures to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access Personal data that you do not publish on the Services, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your Personal Data between your system and ours, and we, together with our Partners, employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Data. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced at regular intervals. Our security measures are appropriate to the volume, scope, and nature of the personal data processed and designed to meet our duty of care with respect to your Personal Data.
Please note that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. You are responsible for keeping your device access and login information confidential. You are also encouraged to install anti-virus and anti-malware software on your devices and keep all software updated to avoid security risks. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our Services while it is in transit over the Internet, and any such submission is at your own risk.
- Third-Party Services
When using our Services, you may have the option to link from or access third-party services via Community Built’s Services. Please note that RevOps Co-Op has no control over third-party websites, apps, devices, or systems, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data.
- Contact Us